THANK YOU for purchasing the 2014 and Newer Jeep Trailhawk Platypus from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1x License Plate Mount
- 1x Mounting Bracket
- 1x M10 x 1.5mm x 12mm screw and Nut
- 4 ea ¼-20 Button Head Screws
- 1x Adhesive-backed Foam Bumper
- Ratchet Wrench w/ ⅝ Socket (G.Cherokee and Cherokee)
- Ratchet Wrench w/ 18mm Socket (Renegade)
- Ratchet Wrench w/ 17mm Socket
- 17mm Box End Wrench
- ⅛ Allen Key
Assemble the License Plate Mount
- Bolt the Mounting Bracket to the backside of the License Plate Mount with the M10 screw and nut. The recommended assembly order is: M10 screw>Mounting Bracket>License Plate Mount>Nut. The bent tab on the backside of the License Plate Mount should angle toward the bumper with the bend line to the passenger side. See image for correct orientation.
- Before tightening the connection, set the slotted tab section of the Mounting Bracket on a flat surface and angle the bottom edge of the License Plate Mount so that it is parallel to the flat surface. After tightening, ensure that this squared angle is retained.
- Once the assembly is tight and you are satisfied with the angle, apply the Adhesive-Backed Foam Bumper to the M10 screw head.
Mounting the Assembly to the Vehicle
- The CravenSpeed Trailhawk Platypus kit will mount to the passenger side, inboard tow hook bolt. If you have a Grand Cherokee or a Cherokee, this bolt will use a ⅝ sized socket. If you are mounting this on a Renegade, the bolt will use a 18mm socket.
- Loosen this inboard bolt approx ¼. It is not necessary to remove it from the vehicle. Place the slotted tab on the Mounting Bracket between the tow hook and bolt washer.
- Position the depth of the assembly so that the foam bumper on the head of the M10 screw is approx 1/4 away from the bumper face. This foam bumper is included as a precaution and should not rest against the bumper face when installed as the constant rubbing could potentially damage the paint finish.
- Begin tightening the tow hook bolt while observing that the foam bumper maintains the correct distance. Once tight, you can fine tune the angle of the License Plate Mount by over-flexing it slightly the direction it needs to go. It should spring back a bit to the correct angle in relation to the bumper face.
- The assembly is now ready to accept your license plate. Use the 4 included ¼-20 Button Head Screws along with a ⅛ Hex Key and install your license plate. Your installation is complete!
NOTE: This product was designed so that the tow hook may still be accessed if necessary. If you determine that you’d prefer to have the license plate removed for off-road activity, simply loosen the tow hook mount bolt, slip the License Plate Mount assembly off and retighten the tow hook bolt.