THANK YOU for purchasing the Audi A3 Gemini Phone Mount from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1 x Phone Mount Bracket
- 1 x Magnetic Phone Base
- 1 x Adhesive Backed Base Plate
NOTE: The installation of this mount is very simple, but we always recommend reading through the entire instructions before you begin. It's good to have an understanding the the whole process while performing any installation.
Removing the Vents
- First, make sure both vents are in the open position. Then, using the plastic prying tool, begin to work the first vent out of the dash. Insert the tip of the tool between the silver bezel and the dash, and gently pry the vent away from the dash. Work your way around the vent so there is an even gap all the way around.
- Once you've got a decent gap, you can grab the vent by hand and pull it out the rest of the way. It helps to wiggle it back and fourth while pulling the vent out. Take note of the orientation of the vent as you remove it, the black notch in the bezel is at the top. It will need to go back in the same way later.
- Repeat this on the other side and this step is done.
Installing the vent bracket.
- First, install the magnetic phone base onto the bracket by losening the collar on the base and poping it onto the ball.
- Next, we'll put the first vent into the large opening in the bracket. Note the orientation of the vent in the photo. The black notch in the bezel is the top.
- Do the same with the other vent, again noting the orientation of the vent in the photo.
- Push this whole assembly back into the dash. It may take some adjustment, and wiggling to get the vents inserted properly. Make sure the black notch in the silver bezel is at the top. Once you are close, push firmly to ensure the vents are fully seated and that there are no gaps between the dash, the mount, or the vents.
Install the adhesive base plate
- Finally, we'll install the adhesive base onto your phone. For best results we recommend sticking it directly onto your phone or case. If you're case is thing enough, you may find that simply inserting the plate inside of your case is sufficent to secure the phone to the magnetic base. If you do use the adhesive, besure to clean the area with a damp cloth first. If your phone is equipped with wireless charging, we do not recommend sticking the plate directly to your phone.