THANK YOU for purchasing the MINI Gen 1 Tapless Oil Adapter from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1x Tapless Oil Adapter
- Temperature sensor or any related gauge components (not included)
- Teflon Thread Sealant or Tape (not included)
- Zip-ties (not included)
- Awl (not included)
- 27mm deep well socket and Ratchet Wrench
- 10mm Socket
***EXTREMELY IMPORTANT*** THE ENGINE MUST BE COLD PRIOR TO INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT. It is also a good habit to disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal while working around your MINI, so grab your trusty 10mm socket and do this now. Depending on your model of MINI, the battery will be located in either the boot or the bonnet.
AGAIN ***EXTREMELY IMPORTANT*** THE ENGINE MUST BE COLD PRIOR TO INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT
1. First you will need to locate the stock oil pressure sensor that is located underneath and slightly to the right of the oil filter. Remove the red plastic locking tab/clip from the wiring plug and disconnect the plug.
2. Utilizing a 27mm deep well socket, remove the OEM oil pressure sensor and set aside. There’s not a lot of room to perform this step, so you may need to experiment with a few different tool configurations to successfully remove the sensor.
3. Clean any residual oil off of the OEM oil pressure sensor and then apply some thread sealant or teflon tape to its threads. Install the OEM oil pressure sensor onto the end of the CravenSpeed Tapless Oil Adapter and then apply some thread sealant/teflon tape to the threads of the CravenSpeed Tapless Oil Adapter.
4. Install this unit back into the oil pressure sensor port on the engine block and tighten with your preferred method. Reconnect the wiring plug.
5. Take the oil pressure sending unit included with your gauge (if applicable), and apply thread sealant to its threads. Install it into the ⅛ NPT port on the side of the CravenSpeed Tapless Oil Adapter and tighten.
6. Attach your wires to the oil pressure sending unit and strategically route them along existing OEM wires until you end up at the firewall plug behind the brake booster. Zip-tie the wires into place as you go so that they stay away from hot or rotating components in the engine compartment.
7. Utilize a tool such as an awl to poke a hole through the rubber firewall plug, being careful that you do not damage anything on the other side.
8. Back inside the car, the firewall entry point can be accessed by dropping the drivers side lower dash panel. Place your fingers in the gap under steering column and pull/push down. This will unsnap the lower panel along the top and it will pivot down on hinges.
9. Look up into the dash and locate where the wires are coming into the vehicle. Carefully pull the wires through, being mindful of leaving a bit of slack in them. It helps to have an assistant let you know when you’ve pulled enough of the wires through.
10. Proceed with the wiring installation instructions enclosed with your gauges. When you’ve finished with the gauges, reconnect the negative (-) battery terminal and check their functionality. While running the engine, take a look at the installation area of the CravenSpeed Tapless Oil Adapter to ensure there are no oil leaks. If you’re good to go, tidy up and take it for a spin! You’re done!