THANK YOU for purchasing the MINI Gen 2 Tapless Oil Adapter (Pre-refresh) from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1ea Tapless Adapter (Gen 2 Pre-Refresh)
- 1ea O-Ring
- 6ea Pipe Plugs
- 1ea 45 Degree Elbow
- Temperature sensor or any related gauge components (not included)
- Thread Sealant or Teflon Tape (not included)
- Zip-ties (not included)
- 1 Socket
- ⅞ Deep Well Socket
- Ratchet Wrench
- 10mm Socket
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Marker Pen (Sharpie)
***EXTREMELY IMPORTANT*** THE ENGINE MUST BE COLD PRIOR TO INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT.
1. Park your MINI in a level, well-lit area and pop your hood. It’s a good habit to disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal anytime you’re working around your MINI, so grab your trusty 10mm socket and do this now.
2. Use a flathead screwdriver to loosen the hose clamps on the hose connecting the airbox to the intake on the turbo. Move the intake tube to the side.
3. Locate the OEM oil pressure switch on the cylinder head and remove the wiring by depressing the locking tab and gently pulling on the plug. Remove the switch using a 7/8 deep well socket and ratchet wrench.
4. It is a good idea to keep this sensor safe and clean after removal by wrapping it in a rag and setting it aside.
5. Take the Tapless Oil Adapter and thread it hand tight into the empty port on the cylinder head. With your marker pen, designate the hole that is facing up or has the most clearance around it. This will be your gauge sending unit port.
6. Remove the Tapless Oil Adapter and using your thread sealant/tape, install the included pipe plugs into every open port EXCEPT the one you designated earlier.
7. Add the included O-Ring and reinstall the Tapless Oil Adapter. Position your chosen sending port back to the optimal position and install the included 45 degree elbow using thread sealant/tape.
8. After the 45 degree elbow is positioned to allow for the most possible clearance, tighten the Tapless Oil Adapter with your 1 socket and wrench.
9. Replace the OEM oil pressure switch on the end of the Tapless Oil Adapter and replace the wiring connection.
10. Attach the oil pressure sending unit from your own gauge to the female end of the 45 degree elbow connector using thread sealant/tape.
11. Proceed with the wiring installation instructions enclosed with your gauges.
12. Reconnect the intake hose and make certain that any wires from the sending unit are tucked away and secure from any hot or moving parts.
13. Reconnect your negative (-) battery terminal, start the engine and bring up to operating temp while you visually inspect that there are no leaks from the installation. If everything checks out, hit the road and enjoy your added gauge information!