THANK YOU for purchasing the R60/R61 'The Big Pair' from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- Set of R60/R61 Big Pair Chassis Braces
- (8) M8 x 25mm JIS Flange Head Hex Screws
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands or Wheel Ramps
- Wheel Chocks
- Socket Wrench
- 10mm, 12mm and 16mm sockets
- Torque Wrench
NOTE:The hardware torque specs is 26 ft/lbs. for the (8) M8 Big Pair mounting screws and 48 ft/lbs for the single M10 (16mm) bar/brace screw, which is based upon the recommended spec for the stock part it replaces.
- Secure your MINI in a well-lit, level, and clean area. You may either lift one side of the MINI and place jack stands under the jack points or drive it onto some wheel ramps. Chock the rear wheels for an added safety measure. Slide underneath and locate the OEM sheet metal braces.
- With your 10mm socket, remove the OEM fasteners from the factory braces and place these components in your parts bin. The rear brace has a support bar attached to a threaded tab. Remove the M10 screw with your 16mm socket and set the screw aside as you'll be reusing it with the CravenSpeed Big Pair.
- Replace the factory braces with The Big Pair using the supplied M8 flange-head screws and your 12mm socket. Reuse the factory M10 screw for the support bar tab mount (16mm socket).
- Confirm all your hardware is properly torqued; M8 screws to 26 ft/lbs, M10 screw to 48 ft/lbs, clear away all random tools and safely lower your vehicle off of the jack stands. Don't forget your wheel chocks!
- Congratulations! Your install is complete. Happy motoring!