THANK YOU for purchasing the MINI Smartphone Mount Pro Series - Gen 3 from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1 x Scissor Mount Assembly for Gen 3 MINI
- 1 x U Bracket
- 2 x Phillips head screws
- T20 Torx driver
- Philips Head Screwdriver
This kit is designed to allow the driver to position a smartphone for heads-up view without needing to handle the device. Pro Series mounts allow you to customize your view by adjusting the extension arm to the angle that suits you. Once installed, simply snap in your mobile device and away you go! You will now be able to position the device for Horizontal or Vertical viewing quickly and easily!
PLEASE NOTE: This CravenSpeed Pro Series Mount is only compatible with 3rd Generation MINIs
This mount is also available in a right-hand drive configuration. The installation instructions are the same for both units. If the right-hand unit is mounted in a left-hand drive MINI, care must be taken so that the module arm mounting screw does not contact the dashboard. This can be alleviated by flipping the screw around so that the button-head is facing the dash allowing for more clearance.
1. Hidden behind some round caps there are two screws holding the gauge cluster in place, one on either side. Use a T20 torx driver to remove them.
2. Pull the gauge cluster towards you and depress the lock-tab to remove the electrical plug from the rear of the unit.
3. Remove the 3 phillips screws on the back of the housing.
4. Place the U bracket in place and tighten it down using the provided screws. (Note: These screws are slightly thicker than the OEM screws) Once the bracket is secure (no wiggle), do not over-tighten as this will just strip out the plastic housing.
5. Re-connect the gauge cluster wiring plug (make sure the lock tab is engaged), set the gauge cluster back into place, and replace the screws on either side of the base. Don’t forget the caps if you still have them!