THANK YOU for purchasing the ND MX-5 Miata Throttle Body Spacer from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1x Throttle Body Spacer (anodized aluminum)
- 1x O-Ring
- 4 ea SS Hex Cap Screws
- 4 ea SS Flat Washers
- 1x ⅛ NPT Pipe Plug
- Thread Sealant (teflon tape is fine)
- Any related gauge components
- 8mm & 10mm Sockets and Ratchet Wrench
- 5mm Hex Key Wrench
- 5/32 Hex Key Wrench
Let's get started
- Park your car, set the e-brake and pop the hood. If you’ve been driving your car, be cautious around the hot engine components. Utilizing your 10mm socket and ratchet wrench, loosen the hose clamps at either end of the inlet hose that connects the airbox to the throttle body.
- Disconnect the small breather hose that goes to the valve cover. Lift out the inlet hose and set aside so that you may access the throttle body.
- Disconnect the throttle body wiring plug. Use your 8mm socket and ratchet wrench and remove the (4) screws that affix the throttle body to the intake manifold. Remove the throttle body and set aside, but take care not to lose the blue o-ring that sets into the mounting surface of the intake manifold.
- Set your components out on a clean work surface and make sure you have everything listed at the beginning of these installation instructions. Use some thread sealant on the ⅛ NPT plug and thread it into the side port of the throttle body spacer with your 5/32 hex key wrench.
- Place the large o-ring into the groove on the face of the throttle body spacer and set that face against the backside of the throttle body. The port needs to be placed in the 12 o’clock position.
- Place the supplied stainless cap head screws with washers through the (4) holes of the throttle body and spacer and tighten onto the intake manifold with your 5mm hex key wrench. Make sure the blue o-ring is still in place before tightening everything up.
- Reinstall the throttle body wiring plug, inlet hose and tighten the clamps. Plug the breather tube back onto the valve cover and your install is complete and ready for your choice of airstream inputs!
Prepare the Throttle Body Spacer
NOTE: While this throttle body spacer adds a tapped port to your airstream, for the sake of this installation process we will just be fitting the ⅛ NPT plug that is included with your kit.