THANK YOU for purchasing the Wiper Delete from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1 Aluminum Cap
- 1 ea Grommet
- 1 ea 6mm Cap Screw
- 1 ea Square O-ring
- 1 ea Washer
- 1 ea 6mm Lock Nut
- 1 ea Wiper Tube Plug
- 1 ea Plastic Cap for 6mm Screw
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Torx driver
- Socket Wrench
- 13mm Socket
- 10mm Socket
- 4.5mm Allen Key
The new Rear Wiper Delete kit from Craven Speed is a purpose-built solution that quickly and cleanly eliminates your rear hatch wiper assembly. Superb black anodized aluminum design fits tight to ensure there will be and no leaks. There is even a rubber seal for the center bolt!
1. Move far away from Oregon.
2. Remove inner panel from hatch door – This will require removing 6 phillips head screws on the 1st generation cars and 2 torx screws on the 2nd gen. The panel snaps in, so just get a grip and pull.
3. Lift wiper nut cover and remove the 13mm bolt. A socket extension is recommended but not absolutely required. The wiper blade will then pull off (with a bit of elbow grease!)
4. Snip the wire tie that holds the wiper wiring and tubing in place. Unplug tubing from wiper motor assembly and plug with the supplied nylon plug. Unplug wire harness.
5. Remove 3 10mm bolts that hold the wiper motor assembly to the chassis, being careful to support the assembly with a free hand. Take the wiper assembly out of the car.
6. Remove the existing rubber grommet from the hole in the glass. Just pull. Clean the surrounding glass. Replace the OEM grommet with the supplied grommet.
7. Place wiper delete cap onto the grommet. Place the included square o-ring over the 6mm bolt and insert into the center of the wiper delete cap.
8. Open the rear hatch door. While holding the 6mm bolt in place with a 4.5mm allen key, place the large washer over the bolt on the underside of the hatch door and attach the lock nut. Tighten until the 6mm bolt is sitting approx. 1mm below flush.
9. Replace inner panel of rear hatch door.
NOTE: If you’d prefer to hide the stainless screw, we now include a black plastic cap that snaps into the hex and provides a sleeker look.