THANK YOU for purchasing the FIAT Platypus License Plate Mount from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1x Platypus License Plate Mounting Tab w/ Threaded Insert and Rubber Bumper
- 1x Base Mount
- 1x M10 SS Flange Screw
- 1x Deluxe Keyhole Plate
- 6x Button-Head Hex Screw
- T30 Torx Driver or 10mm Wrench (mounting screws may vary between vehicles)
- 5/32 Hex Driver
- 15mm Socket w/ Ratchet Wrench
This mount is designed to attach your front license plate onto your FIAT without drilling holes in your bumper. The installation should take no more than about 30 minutes.
NOTE: Part # CS-AA529 is compatible with the FIAT 500 Turbo and Abarth Models. Part # CS-AA532 is compatible with the FIAT 500 Pop, Sport and Lounge models. Installation is the same for all models.
Assemble the License Plate Mount
1. Take note of the ‘parts list’ above and make sure you have everything included in your kit. Utilizing your 5/32 Hex key and (2) of the ¼-20 Button Head screws, attach the Platypus License Plate Tab w/ Rubber Bumper onto the Base Mount in the configuration shown in the images below.
1. Locate the two T30 Torx screws (or 10mm Hex Screws) underneath the bumper on the driver's side and remove them using your T30 Torx key. NOTE: If you do not have a T30 Torx key, with care you may use your 5/32 Hex Key in it’s place.
2. Line up the holes in the Base Mount with the holes under the bumper and replace the factory screws. Confirm that the ‘step’ under the T30 Torx screw heads are completely set within the Platypus Base Mount oblong holes.
3. You now ready to install the Keyhole License Plate Mount.
4. Thread the M10 Flanged Head Screw into the threads on the License Plate Tab until it’s about ⅛ away from bottoming out. Next, slip the Keyhole License Plate Mount over the flanged screw head and slide it to the right, fully seating the Keyhole against the threads of the flanged screw. Visually level the plate mount and tighten into place.
5. Use the remaining (4) ¼-20 Button Head screws and attach your license plate to the Keyhole License Plate Mount.
4. Your Platypus is now installed!