The Platypus License Plate Mount for Audi
Avoid Tickets Without Drilling Your Bumper
The Platypus utilizes the existing tow eye in your bumper, so you do not have to drill any holes in your new car. This method of installing the front plate is common and legal in all states that require front license plates. At times when the plate is not needed, it can be removed easily, leaving no trace that it was ever there.
Fits Right and Will Not Alarm Your PDC Sensors
We have designed and tested hundreds of configurations on many current vehicle models and trim levels, this is not a one size fits all system. The model for your vehicle will sit tight to the bumper so that is looks like it was meant to be there, and it will also avoid setting off the sensors on your bumper (if you are having a sensor issue, troubleshoot it or contact us and we will resolve it!) Although it will sit close, the sturdy plate backing will not scratch your bumper no matter how you drive.
Tough Construction and Rigid Design, Made in the USA
The 12 gauge steel Plate Backing is full sized so that the edges of your license plate don't get snagged by passers-by. The plate has a black powdercoat that will last forever. The Stud is machined from 6061 aluminum and black anodized. We make them at the high end of the receivers tolerance so that the studs fits tight and stays put while you drive (this means that the stud will not go in without a wrench, like the stock tow hook does). The button head hardware is stainless steel, and uses an allen key to discourage theft. The hardware provided is the exact right length for your plate and will not stick through the back to scratch your bumper, if you would like to install a plate frame you will need a longer set of hardware for $1 here.
Quick Release Feature
This updated version of the Platypus has a key-hole feature in the backplate that makes it very easy to remove without having to take your license plate off. Use the included low profile wrench to slightly loosen the bolt that attaches the backplate, then slide the backplate off of the stud. The plate is balanced to ensure that even if it were to come loose accidentally, it would still hang on the stud so that your plate does not fall off.
There's a Design for nearly every Audi Vehicle
We make a specific kit for almost every car Audi makes. If your car is on the list then you can be sure that we have worked with the local Audi dealerships to test the fit. If you don't see your specific model, let us know and we would be happy to see if we can find a solution for you.
*1st Generation Audi Q5 and Q7 towing eye receiver is located behind the passenger side fog light cover. The cleanest install of the Platypus mount on these vehicles will involve drilling a hole in this cover to allow the included tow stud to pass through. Once installed, the hole is covered by the license plate itself.
:a usually written guarantee of the integrity of a product and of the maker's responsibility for the repair or replacement of defective parts
CravenSpeed warranties everything that we make. The time period is infinite.
- The Platypus for 1999-2006 Audi TT
- The Platypus for 2003-2013 Audi A3 / S3
- The Platypus for 2004-2011 Audi A6 / S6
- The Platypus for 2006-2008 Audi A4
- The Platypus for 2006-2009 Audi S4 / RS 4
- The Platypus for 2007-2009 Audi A4 Convertible
- The Platypus for 2007-2014 Audi TT
- The Platypus for 2008-2016 Audi A5 / S5
- The Platypus for 2009-2015 Audi Q7
- The Platypus for 2009-2016 Audi A4
- The Platypus for 2009-2017 Audi A8 / S8
- The Platypus for 2009-2017 Audi Q5 / SQ5
- The Platypus for 2010-2016 Audi S4
- The Platypus for 2010-2018 Audi A7
- The Platypus for 2012-2014 Audi A6 / S6
- The Platypus for 2014-2016 Audi A3 / S3
- The Platypus for 2015-2018 Audi A6 / S6
- The Platypus for 2015-2018 Audi Q3
- The Platypus for 2015-2019 Audi TT
- The Platypus for 2016-2019 Audi A4 Allroad
- The Platypus for 2016-2019 Audi Q7
- The Platypus for 2017-2018 Audi A3 / S3 Facelift
- The Platypus for 2017-2018 Audi RS3
- The Platypus for 2017-2019 Audi A4
- The Platypus for 2017-2019 Audi A5 / S5
- The Platypus for 2018-2019 Audi S4
- The Platypus for 2019 Audi A6 / S6