THANK YOU for purchasing the The Stubby Antenna from CravenSpeed. This product is made from the highest grade materials, and is guaranteed to be free from defects.
- 1x Antenna Mast
- 1x Stainless Steel Adapter
Installation of the Stubby Antenna is incredibly simple and can typically be done without the use of any tools.
1. Unscrew the factory antenna. If you can’t do it by hand you may need to use a small open end wrench. Most factory antennas will have wrench flats at the base.
If your antenna came with the adapter pre-installed (most do), continue to step 2. If your antenna came with two adapters, go straight to step 3.
2. Simply screw the antenna onto the antenna base. It should go in by hand. If it doesn’t see step 4. If it does, congratulations!! You are done!
3. Some vehicles (typically Ford Trucks) tend to use 1 of 2 sizes of antenna. In these situations we have included 2 adapters to make sure your antenna is going to fit the first time. Simply choose the appropriate adapter that matches your stock antenna and use an allen wrench to install it into our mast. Once your adapter is installed you can then install the new antenna onto the vehicle and you are all done. If you have trouble installing the antenna into the vehicle see step 4.
4. The most common issue in this installation is having a hard time getting the antenna to screw into the vehicle all the way. This is typically caused by corrosion build up or dirt interfering with the threads in the antenna base.At no point should the use of tools be necessary to install The Stubby Antenna! Do NOT attempt to use pliers to install the antenna. The easiest solution to this problem is to use an allen wrench to remove the stainless adapter from the antenna. Then you can install the adapter into the vehicle first. The allen wrench will give you a leverage adavantage, and should help you install the adapter all the
way. You can now install the antenna mast directly onto the adapter.